How to take insta worthy photos as a brand (and creator)
Taking natural and influencer-like content and photos can be a challenge, but with the right techniques and equipment, anyone can do it. It just takes a little practise and our tips and tools!
Here are some tips to get you started:
1. Lighting is key: We all know about this one. Natural light is the best for taking photos that look like they were taken by an influencer. Try to shoot during the golden hour (the hour after sunrise or before sunset) for warm and cozy light or between 2-4pm for the best product shots.
2. Use a tripod: A tripod will help you keep your camera steady and avoid blurry photos. It's especially important if you're shooting in low light or using a slow shutter speed. We also LOVE the Lens Buddy app and our clients always recommend it.
3. Experiment with angles: This is SO important. Don't be afraid to try different angles and perspectives to make your photos more interesting. Shoot from above, below, or at eye level to create different effects. Learn what works for you. Usually influencers always make sure their feet are not cut off and have a big space at the top of their images.
4. Edit your photos: Even the best photos can benefit from a little editing. Use apps like VSCO or Lightroom to adjust the brightness, contrast, and saturation of your photos. Light editing is KEY! The industry changed a lot and using too many filters or photoshop is definitely out. Keep it simple and your audience will love it!
5. Be authentic: While it's important to take high-quality photos, it's also important to be authentic and true to yourself. Don't try to copy someone else's style or aesthetic – find what works for you and stick with it. You can use Pinterest for inspo (just look up "spring fashion inspo" or if you want specific content "posing at the beach") and get started!
P.S. We are launching a NEWSLETTER this month!!! Stay up to date on industry trends, social media tips, network with local creators and win free consultations!